Welcome to the Stoneridge Importer Technical Bulletin, issue 3
We will be providing these bulletins on a regular basis to keep you up to date and informed of product developments and service offerings. Your feedback is important to us so please let us know your thoughts, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Importer Support Team: Marco Battiglioli, Marc Miguel, François Bôle and Laurent Duclos, STONERIDGE, Bayonne
Subjects covered in this bulletin
- 1C Tachograph system
- Type Approval status
- Driver and Workshop manuals
- 1C Seals
- Training material update
- 1C card status
- Optimo 5.1 & 5.2 SW release status
- 1C & DSRC module AM retofit kit
- VDO sensor
- 1C Plaque printing via CITO2
- Importers Extranet Project
- Released SIL'
1C tachograph system
For supporting 1C tachograph system, your workshops will need what was presented at the Prague seminar:
- Spare parts: the new seals (6810-019), VU (5052KRM or for ADR, 5061KRM), DSRC Modules (900620/12 for 24V) and cables (6810-006 for training and 6810-034 for C-plug truck install).
- 1C workshop card from your authority.
- Optimo² version 5.1 with new “5.0.0” digital dongle: the upgrade itself is reference 6810-004.
- DSRC Handheld transceiver reference 6810-001 and DSRC Verifying tool (OBU Tester) reference 6810-003.
- GNSS Kit “ROGER” (optional) 7810-004.
- Seals tracking system: accessible via the Workshop page, by clicking the warranty button.
We have received our IOT certificate: https://dtc.jrc.ec.europa.eu/dtc_vehicle_units_status.php
TA is expected by next week. 1C VU production started week 14.
Driver and Workshop Manual
Driver and Company manual will be uploaded onto the SE5000.com website by the end of April.
Workshop manuals are available (9 languages) by email from email@example.com , please send us back your feedback if nay on this initial version.
Seals tracking system details
From https://www.stoneridgeelectronics.com/workshop, click on the Warranty tracker red button and select “1C Seals”.
You will be able to extract a .csv file of all the seals S/N shipped from Tallinn to you, against PO number. The website will also allow for tracking the box you sell against workshop name and PO#. You can also search for a given seal S/N to see who it was delivered to.
Scanning seal numbers
All Optimo types allow for manual entry of the seal S/N.
Seal scanning capability is available with DELL Optimo², and with LINX Optimo² manufactured after February 2019.
However, the first delivered orange-color seals have a contrast issue. This prevents the LINX tablet to scan their QR-code. From April 11th, our supplier is now producing white-color seal.
JRC would reference the first independently certified seal manufacturer on their site.
But for now, “(…) certification against the standard EN 16882:2016 (…) We fully understand that so far there are not laboratories which are accredited in this respect”
So until further notice, we will keep delivering seals with NO T-mark.
Training Material update
Updated powerpoint, in English, for "1C train the trainer" course is available at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/din7qtnzhsi9ojb/DD56131d.pptx?dl=0
1C card status
We have supplied UK sets of 1C training cards. The workshop card PIN code is 1234.
Optimo 5.1 and 5.2 SW release
The new 1C software was released end of March.
- Optimo version 5.1 with new “5.0.0” digital dongle: the upgrade itself is our reference 6810-004 and includes both the SW upgrade and the Dongle upgrade
- You can place all orders right now, via firstname.lastname@example.org. The new dongles are being shipped to you for rotation, we require the former dongles to be shipped back to Bayonne.
- All Optimo² units produced from April 10th, 2019, are released with Optimo software 5.1
Optimo 5.1 will allow calibration of all 1C tachographs, VDO as well as Stoneridge. It will also contain bug-fixes and an improved GNSS testing application for Optimo² (covering VDO 4.0 GNSS data interpretation).
However, please note the GNSS App is not yet available on Optimo1.
Also the Optimo1 connection to the DSRC Tester requires either acquiring new Bluetooth dongles or connecting the tester via USB cable.
We are working on version 5.2, for end of April, which will cover:
- Optimo1 GNSS App
- SE5000-8 - Configuration Station Update. This will allow installing an AM 1C tachograph and DSRC module in place of a former 1B system.
Please process all warranties online through www.stoneridgeelectronics.com/workshop. This is available to all Stoneridge registered importers.
The units must be returned directly to the following address / point of contact.
If your product is not in the lists below and you feel it should be handled as a warranty by Stoneridge, please contact email@example.com with description and reference, and we will indicate you if and where to send it. Items not in the list, sent to Tallinn without prior agreement from the Importer support team, will not be handled in Tallinn and will not be returned to you either.
N.B.: You can reject warranties yourselves, if the unit is out of date or has been obviously tampered with.
For SE5000, DSRC Module & Tacholink, send to:
Enis Agusi (Warranty Claims), Enis.Agusi@stoneridge.com
Stoneridge Electronics AB
702 27 Örebro - Sweden
For DigiDL, Digipost pro, Digifob pro, send to:
Marc Miguel, Marco Battiglioli, firstname.lastname@example.org
3, rue Fontaine de Guimbalet
ZI St Etienne
64100 Bayonne - France
For 8400 & 2400 series, 2200 simulators, Optimo², Stoneridge Rolling road console / Brake tester, Wireless photocells, DSRC handheld tester, GNSS Roger repeater, OPTAC DLT, M1N1 adaptor, D-ignition,
Svetlana Roosalo (Warranty Claims), Svetlana.Roosalo@Stoneridge.com
Saku Vald - Estonia 76406
1C & DSRC module AM retofit kit
We are working on a retrofit kit to be available in May to go from 1B to 1C tachograph system.
This will include a DSRC module wired to the VU C-plug, plug-and-play cable and cover.
VDO are pushing for a UV-light check of their sensor label. The UV-light will reveal a “VDO” logo. Please check with your local authorities whether this is legally-binding on your respective market.
1C Plaque printing via Cito2
CITO2 software updates containing the features presented in the training powerpoint are being released to the existing markets. We will be contacting you individually to confirm the next actions required.
This will cover:
- 1C plaque printing
- Lost/damaged seals tracking
Our Marketing team and the Importer support team are finalizing the project scope to rework the current Stoneridge website Workshop page into a specific importers interface.
Thank you for your participation in the survey sent out to you in March, for collecting your inputs. It confirms the need for such an interface, to take over from Email as top communciation channel. A synthesis of the survey has been attached to the email notifying the Technical Bulletin release.
Service Information Letters
Latest SIL have been attached to the email notifying the Technical Bulletin release:
- SIL19_001 Remote download VU settings
- SIL19_002 Speed Simulator test in Optimo SW 4.10
- SIL19_003B Optimo 5.1 SW upgrade
- SIL19_004 1C Sealing requirements
- SIL 19_005 SE5000 version 7.1 last calibration data
- SIL 19_006 Wireless photocell
Importer Support Team, email@example.com